On Thursday at Tagwi, the Glengarry DHS senior girls basketball team captured the SDGAA league 'A' playoff title in a hard-fought contest with the host Warriors, while a day earlier, Holy Trinity's seniors nabbed the 'AA' crown over Catholic rival St. Joseph's.
We will have coverage and photos in next week's edition of The Glengarry News.
The SDGAA 'A' division senior and junior girls champions will be decided Thursday, Nov. 7, on two fronts.
The action is scheduled to tip off at Tagwi SS, at 8:30 a.m., with a junior girls semifinal game between Glengarry and Char-Lan. The other junior semi will take place at 10 a.m., at North Dundas, where the host Devils will take on St. Lawrence. The junior girls final is set for a 12:30 p.m. start, to be hosted by North Dundas.
Tagwi gets the senior semifinals. At 10 a.m., it will be Char-Lan versus Glengarry, followed by the Warriors against North Dundas. The senior 'A' final is booked for a 2 p.m. start.
During the regular season, Tagwi's seniors placed first with 16 points, while North Dundas was best amongst junior squads with 14 points.
The latest additions to our online photo galleries include...
- Oct. 6 Hearts / Brian Filion memorial soccer tournament
- Oct. 10: Glengarry Gaels junior football
- Oct. 11: Glengarry Gaels senior football
- Oct. 12: Glens alumni practise for their upcoming game vs the Montreal Canadiens alumni team
- Oct. 13: CCHL2 hockey involving the Char-Lan Rebels
- Oct. 16: le Relais senior girls soccer
- Oct. 16: senior girls high school basketball featuring Char-Lan and Holy Trinity
- the 2018 Harvest Bowl high school football game between Tagwi and Glengarry
- Oct. 18: UCMHL bantam rep 'B' hockey involving Char-Lan and NGS
- Oct. 21: tyke Cornwall Wildcats NCAFA playoff football
- Oct. 21: Alexandria Glens hockey vs Westport Rideaus
All of these galleries, and more, can be viewed here.
Our latest sports images have been posted to online galleries.
These include photos from high school junior football (Glengarry Gaels), high school senior football (Tagwi Warriors), high school girls basketball (GDHS Gaels and Holy Trinity Falcons), and U18 hockey (Hawkesbury Hawks vs. OHA Gold).
You can check them all out here.
A new basketball court is coming to Alexandria's Island Park, and the township is planning to christen it with a Canada Day 3-on-3 tournament.
The July 1 event will run from 4 to 8 p.m., with the following boys and girls divisions: U13, U16, and open (any age). Entry is $20 per team, and the deadline to sign up is June 29.
For more information, send an e-mail to Brian Caddell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our latest sports photos are now available for viewing in our online galleries here.
The newest galleries are...
- March 27 UCMHL atom rep. playoff hockey involving the Char-Lan Rebels
- March 29 midget boys basketball at Glengarry DHS in Alexandria
- March 29 Jimmy Hill memorial hockey game in Williamstown
- March 29 novice UCMHL game 5 finals involving the Char-Lan Rebels
Photo reprints are available from our office. Contact The Glengarry News for more information.
The latest photo galleries added to our website include images from Family of Schools girls basketball, GSL women's indoor soccer, atom rep hockey, bantam rep hockey, and CCHL2 Glens playoff hockey.
You can check out all the photos online here, and for stories on all of these be sure to pick up a copy of The Glengarry News this week.